Baby monitors are used for baby monitoring. These are devices that are attached to your baby’s crib or on a crib door. They are used to monitor the activities that your baby has during his/her sleep. In general, a baby monitor is a small radio system intended for use by a parent, usually with an external receiver so that the baby can hear the sound of the outside world. An audio baby monitor usually consists of an audio transmitter unit, with a microphone, installed close to the baby.
The most common types of baby monitors are the wired systems. These are usually attached to your main house wiring and are used for the purpose of giving you sound proofing. There are also wireless baby monitors. In a wireless baby monitor, the baby monitor transmitter and the receiver are placed at an easy distance from each other. When the baby wakes up in the middle of the night and asks for you, the radio signal that carries the information will automatically be picked up by the transmitter and then transferred to your receiver.
The advantages of using a baby monitor is that it helps you monitor your child’s health, and if any problem is detected, you can easily inform the concerned person. Moreover, a good baby monitor will record the sounds of the baby makes and the time it took for the baby to wake up. This helps parents determine how their baby sleeps at certain times of the day and the exact time they need to change positions so that the baby won’t disturb his/her sleep.
The disadvantage of using a baby monitor is that some of these transmit radio signals through walls and some transmit the sound through your baby’s room. Some of them also send an audio signal to a receiver but not all. So, if you don’t want your baby to hear your breathing while you are sleeping, you should not get one of these kinds of baby monitors.
Motorola Video Baby Monitor with 2 Cameras Review
The Motorola Video Baby Monitor with 2 Cameras is a good choice for your babies. It comes with two cameras and features a split-screen mode to help view the twins at the same time. It like being there with them while you are busy downstairs doing chores.
- Picture-in-picture allows for two screens at the same time. This will enable you to view the twin from two different rooms or cribs.
- Infrared feature for better night vision view.
- A highly sensitive microphone to deliver clear two-way audio communication that allows for real-time interaction.
- Remote zoom, pan, and tilt features allow you to see and view other angles of the room.
- Room temperature monitoring.
- It comes with pre-programmed lullabies.
- It supports multiple cameras.
- The split-screen mode is very useful.
- Clear audio and best for when you want your babies to hear you when they wake up.
- The tilt feature of the camera is superb. We are able to view better wide angles of the room.
- Our unit suffered loose cable connection so we had to improvise and use a rubber band to keep it together especially when charging.
- Poor battery optimization. It drains fast and it would be best to fix the power cord to it so you can be assured that it stays on for long.
The Motorola Video Baby Monitor with 2 Cameras has some good features that are worth considering. It does not have fancy features but it got all the necessary ones. So while the battery is not as great as what we want, it delivers everything else the way it promised. You can also read a article on the best baby monitor for twins from the highlighted text.
How To Choose The Best?
There are many websites and even books available that provide information about baby monitors. You can buy them either online or in the stores near your home. You an also read baby product reviews from kidzgeek blog. While buying a new monitor, it is important to ensure that you buy one that is suitable for your needs. As there are different models available, it is important to consider the frequency band that your baby uses the most. Also, the model that works best with your main wiring scheme will be ideal. While looking for a good monitor, ensure that it comes with an easy to operate and user-friendly control panel and a battery backup.
One important aspect to consider while planning to buy online baby monitors is that it should have some advanced features like a back light and a dimmer. With these added features, it becomes easier to detect any abnormal activities, like the baby kicking or crying, by using an external light.